Quantium has transferred its federal and state government (public sector) division to a newly created joint venture, Quantium Telstra, which operates through the Telstra Group.
Quantium Telstra ’s team of data science and public sector experts work with federal and state government departments to achieve strategic and policy objectives.
The approach includes leveraging the latest analytical techniques and technology to help governments realise the value of their own data, combine, data sets and apply these to the most pressing problems facing the sector. Results are used to inform new policies, prioritise spending, improve the efficiency of processes, and provide personalised information to citizens. We build analytical strategies to better structure and utilise data and to empower in-house data teams with innovating their analytic approaches. We also measure program outcomes and incorporate real-time evaluation into the design of new programs.
Working across various fields such as workplace safety, energy, education, Quantium Telstra supports policy teams with applying data-driven insights to inform strategic direction and program investments on an ongoing basis.
The Quantium Telstra team identifies what works and why via comprehensive outcome, process and economic evaluation , supporting government departments with outcome measurement, risk adjustment and feedback to service providers.
Through Quantium Telstra, we partner with leading organisations across the public sector on their greatest challenges and unlock transformational opportunities through data.
Some of our speciality areas include:
- Social and community services – We harness data to create whole-of-person views and design smarter social policy and human services programs that improve human outcomes and unlock system efficiencies for government agencies and the communities they serve.
- Education and industry – We help our clients make data driven decisions for better citizen education and employment outcomes by bringing together data, data ecosystems and advanced analytics to deploy the best practical solutions.
- Disability services – Using a broad range of data (including linked, longitudinal data), we contribute to the policy evidence base about people with disability, helping improve the understanding, experiences and outcomes for these individuals and cohorts.
- Public safety – Our practical approach to analytics sees us working regularly with policing agencies to implement data and analytics solutions to drive innovation and deliver tangible results. From crime pattern analysis and hotspot predictions (allowing for the strategic deployment of police resources) to identity resolution and network analysis (for consolidating information and identifying linkages between entities), our advanced analytics expertise enables us to assist the police with keeping the community safe.
- Defence, Cyber and National Security – We use advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to support Defence and National Security Agencies with enhancing their capabilities. Our global commercial expertise enables us to support these agencies with customising and securing supply chains and critical infrastructure, improving intelligence targeting and driving positive health outcomes for serving members and veterans.
- Data strategy and consulting – Our team has extensive experience in delivering top-tier strategy and consulting services in data and analytics across the public and private sectors. We can help you extract valuable insights from your data, design customised strategies to enhance your data-driven decision making and implement cutting-edge analytics solutions that meet your specific business requirements.
- Accident compensation schemes – Our team unlocks insights from data to understand needs, risks, emerging trends and client outcomes. We bring the know-how, tools and capabilities to monitor, evaluate and optimise program effectiveness, and scheme sustainability and outcomes.
- Energy and climate change – TBC
Public sector leadership team
Dr Neil Soderlund
Neil has over 20 years of experience in health care consulting, including leadership roles as the Head of the Australian and New Zealand health care practice of the Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and as the Founder and Managing Director of Health Outcomes Australia.
Dr Justin Toh
Justin is the Head of Private Health for Quantium’s Health practice. He has over 16 years’ experience spanning the US, European, African and Asia Pacific markets, focussing on health care strategy, consulting, data analytics and innovation in funding and delivery models.
Alex is a senior executive focussing on data and platform strategy, advanced analytics and outcomes measurement. He has nearly 15 years’ experience in health care and public sector strategy and analytics consulting across Australia, Europe, US and the Middle East.
Dr Georgia Hinton
An experienced executive, Georgia has spent the last 15 years in senior roles in the Healthcare industry. Working across Australia, Europe, Asia and USA, her diverse remit has spanned strategy, product development, commercial operations, marketing and business development in both the corporate and not-for-profit sectors.
With over 15 years of experience in hospital big data and technical systems design, Aman is an expert in driving continuous improvement through automation. He has built and led a team of 25+ specialists, overseeing the development, innovation, and automation of a variety of services.
Charlotte is an Executive Manager with over 10 years’ experience in government, health and social services settings.
Becca is an Executive Manager focussing on helping organisations establish and extend their data analytics capabilities. She has over 15 years’ experience in consulting across the government, retail and insurance sectors.
Alix is an Executive Manager with a diverse background in data science, policy development and strategic planning. She has over 10 years of experience in developing data science solutions for complex problems in the public and healthcare sector, including in the fields of outcomes measurement, risk assessment and non-compliance detection.
Daniel is an Executive Manager helping organisations to build advanced analytics capabilities and data driven strategies. He has over 12 years’ experience in health and insurance across Australia and Asia.
Georgia Hendry Parsons
Georgia is an Executive Manager focussing on the productization of solutions to enable scale and ongoing value realisation. She has over 12 years’ industry experience in technology, data and consulting, across both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors.
Scott is an Executive Manager with over 15 years of experience across government and consulting in both service delivery and policy agencies.
Sophie is an Executive Manager with over nine years of experience across the public and private sectors.
Saurav is an Executive Manager with over eight years of experience working across banking, wealth management, consumer services and the public sector.
Catherine is an Executive Manager with 10 years of experience in analytics and public policy.
Dan is an Executive Manager with over 13 years’ experience working in government, health, economic and social services, with a focus on data analytics, reporting and survey sampling. He is an experienced statistician with a strong background in statistics, applied mathematics, and official statistics.
Ghazi is an Executive Manager with over 10 years’ experience in data science and policy, both as a civil servant and as a consultant working with the government, healthcare, and energy sectors.